Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gratitude, by Paula Rose Michelson

I'd like to think that God has created within me a grateful heart. I say that because coming to faith at forty, I know the difference between being blessed by Messiah or those who follow him, and what the world says is a blessing that is worthy of one's gratitude. The attitude of gratitude of those living a life untethered by any belief can lead one to believe that they did it all themselves, no matter what the 'it' is! The life lived by faith in Messiah, who loved me and gave his life for me, reflects the knowledge that Jesus (Yeshua) really does love ME!

Because of this amazing love, I have been changed. Those who knew me before I believed knew I was a softhearted sweetie-pie. I know that because they told me so. Those who know me now, I have it on good authority (my husband) would tell you the same thing, so you're probably wondering what all the hoopla's about. Well...that's why I'm writing about GRATITUDE because if you are grateful in the small things you will be that way in all things for gratitude stems from the understanding that if left to our own, we could never solve, handle, do, learn, except...the list goes on and on. And for those who trusted in Messiah's atoning work, this immense blessing of gratitude, which stems from the knowledge that while I was still dead in my trespasses Christ died for me causes one to understand the depth and breath of God's love! That's right! The very God who breathed life into Adam, who called Father Abraham his friend, who said David was a man after his own heart, wants you to have the blessing he so lavishly poured out on them!

If you're scratching your head thinking you're not daft enough to give what you have to get what you don't understand, I'll share that God's blessings are multiplied to infinity + infinity because those who believe in and follow his teachings continue to do his work here on earth. They don't see what they do as 'work' and aren't trying to stack up brownie points in heaven. They do what they do because the old has passed away and a new nature...I'll call it a God like nature, shows them what is needed, and if able, they respond. I say 'if' able because they're not responding from their own abilities. They're able to respond because God has gifted them the sensitivity to know what is needed , which  I call spiritual discernment, and he has equipped them with unique abilities to help as he would. Using God's gifts given to us by the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) blesses the giver and receiver for in that moment they see Messiah as clearly as the men who were walking to Emmaus did!

I'm sharing all of this with you today so that you can enter into my joy!

For months...perhaps six or seven months--maybe more, I've had problems with Facebook! They began when my original website, and three blogs were hacked causing me to lose control of them. The issues continued to multiply, and I didn't know what to do! During this time I was added to many pages, and I found myself continually dealing with an onslaught of Facebook and twitter email's, which became more than I could handle. I kept praying. As the months passed I knew I couldn't continue to deal with this, for want of a better word 'Hot Mess!' A few weeks ago, I noticed that Facebook's NetworkedBlogs was no longer uploading my new posts. But it was only a few day ago when I saw 'the writing on the wall' which although mentioned in Daniel 5:1, was very different from God judging Nebuchadnezzar and telling him that this night his life would be forfeit. For me the 'writing was on the wall' when I discovered that Facebook's Java Script no longer functioned on my blog! When that shut down so did everything on this blog except for my latest post. Not know what to do, I wanted to pull the plug and leave. I was so upset that I didn't care that I was leaving great, believing, praying friends! I told myself and them that I was leaving, and would be back a week later to begin anew.

Isn't life oddly amazing! Here I was getting ready for The Naomi Chronicles, Book One, Beginning Anew to release in the fall, and I was throwing all my Facebook blessings away!

Enter a blessing!

Though some of you might have seen this posted on Facebook last night, I'm posting it here so others can rejoice, and those who do not know Messiah yet...especially those who need a sign will see one! Enjoy!


Hooray! I'm Staying on Facebook!

Once in a great while God sends me an angel in the form of a caring, knowledgeable person! Jude Dankworth of Net Media Consultants is my Facebook Angel! I haven't known her long, or well. We didn't connect much because both of us were doing our own thing. However, that changed when I posted notices on Facebook that I was leaving. As a Social Media Consultant, and author, she listened to all my woes, and taught me how to correct EVER issue!

Some of you might notice that there are less Facebook pages, that's because I deleted my groups. Others might realize that I'm no longer on their page. That was a little harder, but needing time to write and have a life, I chose to remain on pages where I developed ongoing friendships with people who espoused my beliefs.  

I have posted the link to Jude Dankworth's Facebook page here and encourage you to work with her whenever the need arises! https://www.facebook.com/NetMediaConsultants

No comments:

Post a Comment