Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, so…

I felt it appropriate to post reviews I recently written for books dealing with the issue of abuse. The books I'm featuring were written by those who have, as children, lived that horror. Typing these words, I thought about Karen Slimick Arnpriester, and Lori Tice's books, and my feelings alternated between unspeakable sorrow and amazing joy because these authors are overcomers! Yes, children who claimed a new life rather than repeat what happened to them. Children who are healthy, whole, and have given back tenfold from a position of awareness that few have, therefore it is my immense pleasure to introduce you to two of my favorite authors, who I also treasure as human beings that carry the torch of awareness thus lighting the way for those who need to see that recovery and a good life can be theirs.

Slimy by Karen Slimick Arnpriester is a 5 star must read! This thought provoking true story is so riveting that if I could, I would give this real, raw and important book 10 stars and insist that all those who have been bullied, parents, councilors, and pastors read this book. Having worked with abused and traumatized women since the inception of LAMB Ministries in August of 1988, I have found that with every passing decade the 'onwness' of the bullying is most often blamed on the victim(s). Into this lie of shame and blame, Karen Slimick Arnpriester's work of truth is a beacon to the wounded and a glaring light that exposes the lie being perpetrated today for what it is! This breakthrough book is on my handout list, and I believe that once you read it, it will be on yours as well for those who are struggling need to know that they can, as Karen did, claim the life they want to live! http://amzn.to/1in3DK2


You Are Not Alone -  A True Story of Surviving the Rapids of Abuse by Lori Tice is another must read 5 star revelation! Gripped by fear, trapped, isolated, told to love an abusive mom who did to her what on one should, author Lori Tice shows us a reality that would scare most for life. Because her older sister had taken her to church early on, we see that though Lori did not know Christ, the awareness the she was not 'alone' in her trials when her sister married and left, gave her hope beyond reason and carried her through. As the abuse escalated, Lori lost all sense of herself. Yet she always believed she wasn't what her mom told her she was. 

In her teens, desperate and isolated, she discovered that she had value beyond her wildest imaginings because Christ died for her and would carry her through. 

Ending up in abusive relationships one after another as an adult, Lori finally realized that the one who'd always been with her was there for her and able to help her make the choices that would forever free her and help her create the life she had been created to live. For God wanted to heal her, wanted a relationship with her, and would never hurt of demean her. http://amzn.to/Qb64Fb


If any of you who read this posting are being or have been hurt, I want you to know that I care and many others do too. Because it is painfully hard to break the silence, let me share that I've been where you are, and so have these authors. There is help, so please don’t go through is alone. Take my hand and together, you too can become an overcomer. You can email me through this blog, or if you’d like to remain anonymous but need help, you can select one of the books I've reviewed, or pick up my Christian self-help Lamb Ministries: 7X7 Biblical Recovery for Women Suffering from Trauma & Abuse, Book One. http://amzn.to/1gljnYV

Knowing how hard it is to trust a faceless person, whom you know nothing about, by way of introduction, I've posted my bio and picture and hope you'll know when you read about me, that I have indeed, through Gods grace, been able to help many women. 


In 1988, after studying to become a Chemical Dependency – Lifestyle Disorder Councilor, and interning in a dually diagnosed psychiatric unit, Paula Rose Michelson gave her life to Messiah. With the leading of the Ruach HaKodish (Holy Spirit), she founded LAMB Ministries which teaches women how to recover from trauma by using Scripture and prayer to purge out the dross of their lives. Just released is the first of my seven Lamb Ministries 7x7: Biblical Recovery for Women Suffering from Trauma & Abuse, books on Kindle titled, “How Did We Become Angry?” I mentor women, speak on this ministry, my writing and many other topics.

She is known as an author of sweet Christian romance with a Messianic twist and a hint of history. Her latest book, “Beginning Anew: The Naomi Chronicles, Book One” is a continuation of Naomi’s faith journey which readers began by when they started, Books 1 & 2 of the “Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing" Saga.

As a Messianic Jew, the wife of Chosen People Ministries Field Missionary, and Lutheran Pastor, Ron Michelson, and one who writes to full the Great Commission, Paula has seen God change lives when people believe in and call upon Him. A mother of two married daughters, she is a grandmother of seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment