Thursday, June 19, 2014

Where, oh Where did Paula Go?

If you've been wondering where I've been for the last seven days, you're not alone! In fact you're so not alone that this blog is about me being sort of MIA.

Though I must say, I wasn't as missing in action as some of those we voted into office, but then again, who am I to judge what others do? I'll tell you who...I like you pay taxes and from our taxed income those who seem to be permanently out to lunch are dinning on us.

As the author of sweet Christian fiction with a Messianic twist and a hint of history, the founder of LAMB Ministries which helps women recover from trauma and abuse through the effective use of Scripture and prayer, and one who released my first Christian self-help e-book, I am saddened to find that even the most stalwart voices have been silenced or joined the 'Let's fix America First' mind set.

So this post is being penned to set the record straight. What record you? might ask, so I'll share that looking back historically we find that there was a Spanish Century, a British Century, and if we don't move forward the 20th Century will be dubbed the American Century.

Now don't get me wrong, I think have a century referred to as The American Century is nice if we've chosen to forgo our responsibilities. However, to do so means we will be stripped of honor and the next generation of Americans will reap the whirlwind of havoc and denial that our actions have condemned them too.

In previous generations countries could opt out without endangering the countries they were bound to by mutual treaties. Not so now. Now, as never before, we need to opt in because the only way to sustain the world we live in is to fight. Today, as we stand at the crossroads of an ever increasing reality that doesn't align itself with the principals upon which America was birthed, the idea of 'Do No Harm' sounds ludicrous, or worse because today we have to marshal our resolve or the 'America the Beautiful' that we love will disappear as surely as Brigadoon did. But unlike that mythical tale when America does reappear it won't be the country we know. 

So to answer the question, "Where did Paula go?" I've been finishing the edit of a book I never planned to publish, but having seen that the time is now, I am earnestly at work sounding the Liberty Bell. 

I hope you will join me.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Working in God's vineyard brings with it a commission that is greater than the mind can imagine. Yes, we are indeed at the crossroad - but God is still on the throne. May all your efforts be richly rewarded and fulfilled now and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found, read, and was blessed by your affirming comment.

    I'm praying that what you wrote becomes the reality for both of us.

    ReplyDelete