Saturday, November 8, 2014

Katie Mettner's ‘Sugar’s Faith’ is a 5 Star Amazing, Heart Pounding, Journey of Becoming!

My 5 Star Review of 'Sugar’s Faith'
When I read ‘Sugar’s Dance’, I understood why this woman watching the sunrise on the lake while sipping her cup of joe took no pleasure in anything. Then a miraculous turn of events and Tula, as her friends call her, discovered that completeness could be found in the arms of love. Since then I’ve eagerly awaited and devoured each book in this amazing saga, for that fledging love bloomed and as it did, Sugar became more than she had ever imagined.

Yet in ‘Sugar’s Faith’ both she and the man who showed this amputee that she was loved and whole discover that nothing is permanent, and blessings, like love left untended can die quickly when hurtful words are uttered and … as Tula’s adopted father tells her husband, Van, “Breaking a heart is like breaking a vase. You can put it back together, and it will still be beautiful, but you will always see the cracks.” Van understands this. But will Tula choose to protect herself and her unborn child from this man she fell in love with and married before he knew who he was? Or will she give Van another chance to be who she thought he was. Can Van do the most unselfish thing anyone can do, and set aside his need to know his heritage by putting his wife and their unborn child before his needs much as Christ did for us!


The Wonderful Sugar Saga Books
Sugar's Faith is an amazing  great conclusion to the Sugar Saga! 
I hope you treat yourself and get all of them. Then settle in for a fab read and enjoy! 
'Sugar's Dance': http://amzn.to/1xg8RO6
'Sugar's Song': http://amzn.to/1trXkWW  
'Sugar's Night':  http://amzn.to/10Kmg5f
To pre-order 'Sugar's Faith' visit: http://amzn.to/1uMwxv2

About Katie Mettner
Katie Mettner
Katie Mettner grew up in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and moved to the Northwoods where she now resides with her husband and three children. Katie writes spicy Christian and inspirational romance and is the author of The Sugar Series, The Northern Lights Series, and A Snowberry Holiday Series. Her stories are a reflection of her love for family, intricately woven with life experiences. When the gales of November blow early you can find her at her computer with a cup of joe working on her next book.

To find out more about this amazing author visit her Amazon page at: http://amzn.to/1slsHSS

Katie on Birthing the Last Sugar Book
With the release of the fourth book in the Sugar Saga, I'll be honest; I had very little idea what it was going to be about. I went back and forth, back and forth for a long time about how to make it the story I wanted, and needed, it to be. In essence I had no faith. I decided maybe having the cover done would help me pin down what the book was going to be about. After all, I had already seen the cover in a dream one night. Sounds crazy, I know, I’ve been called worse, but that’s how things often come to me. A few years back when I was writing the third in the Sugar Saga, Sugar’s Night, I was very frustrated. I wanted to quit. I didn’t want to tell Sugar’s story anymore, but God didn’t give me that option. I had a dream one night and as I sat on a bench (so cliché I know) a person sat down next to me. I didn’t need anyone to tell me it was God. I was grumpy, upset that he was making me write another book when people weren’t reading the first two. He stood and very simply said, “Noah didn’t see the rain either.” I woke up quite startled by this dream and will never, for the rest of my life, forget that dream, the way it made me feel or the comfort and hope in the words He had said.


So what did I see on the cover of the new Sugar book, Sugar’s Faith? A guy holding a baby and three women picture, all over a faded out letter. Heck, that shouldn’t be too hard to find, right? (Eye roll) It was hard, and there were no such stock pictures, so I turned to my old family photos. The photo of the man holding the baby had to be over 30 years old, after all Van Walsh is a grown man. The Lord was showing me how to have faith because as I went through the photo albums I was sure I would find nothing, until the second to the last album. Then I found the perfect photo. I didn’t know who it was, so I flipped the picture over and swallowed hard. The writing on the back said, "David and Suzi, 2 mos." I never met my Uncle David; he passed away just a few months after the picture was taken. I stopped for a moment and the story of David and Goliath passed through my mind. David, such a small man, but he had faith he could defeat a giant with nothing more than his sling and his stick. I knew I was on the right track. I was trusting His guidance now, and having faith. Since I hadn't written the book yet I had all these crazy voices in my head trying to tell me their story, not able to decipher any of them yet. I picked up a small album, the final one, in the bottom of the bin and it said, "Our Son's Wedding". I opened it and went through the pictures of a family wedding. I was about to close it, knowing there wasn't anything in it for me to use, when a photo of three women in the sunshine, dressed in dresses from yesteryear stared back at me. I pulled the album to my face. Who were these women? Was the young woman my mother? Was it my godmother? I didn't know, but when I looked at the picture I heard the names Enya, Keavy, and Deirdre. Who are these women? No one in my family is named that. I'm officially going crazy. I had to know, so I showed it to my mom. She told me it was her, her great grandmother and her grandmother. She agreed to let me use it and with a little help from some friends I had my completed cover. I had the cover HE had shown me, if I had just had faith.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me and Sugar today, Paula. I'm quite pleased as punch that you found this final book in the Sugar series to be the journey I intended it to be. Faith, it's a powerful thing, and you are a strong woman of faith, who I have learned many things from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you to dear heart, and I often wonder if God did not give me a fleshly sis, because he planned our meeting before the foundation of this world.

    I'm thrilled to have been involved in a small way in the release of this, my hands down favorite of all the ‘Sugar’ books because only by faith do we know Him and only through faith can we carry our load while smiling as we help another shoulder theirs. And that is truly what I believe your life and books are about. So, all I can say is I'm grateful that we've connected at the heart and look forward to hugging you either here or there.

    Until then, keep on writing because Messiah gifted you to do this work, so do it joyfully as unto the Lord.

    ReplyDelete