Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pinch ME...I Must Be Dreaming Because...



"Life could not better be," is a snippet of the song Danny Kaye sang in "The Court Jester". And just like that wonderful character of yesteryear, blessings have been compounding unexpectedly, so often upon me in the last few days, that I find myself singing this song. So in case you'd like to sing along with as much gusto as I feel, I'll tell you the why and wherefore of my joy... so you seeeeeeee...

It began when I learned to read. Now unlike those who learned when they should, since no one knew that I couldn't see, I was someone who couldn't, so ''Woe was me!' Though I didn't know what I was missing, I knew that no matter what I tried I couldn't...if you want all the facts with a little silly thrown in you can read all about my not...reading, learning that is, when you visit C.J. Peterson's website at http://cjpetersonwrites.com/Featured_Author.html after you're finished here, because I'm, odd as it might seem unless you know I'm an author of some repute, this November’s author of the month at C.J. Peterson's website where she’s hosting me!
 For someone who couldn't read to become an author is an amazing turn of events, and to be called by God to write for Him even more so. But that's just the beginning of why I need to be pinched because having begun life as an artist who painted to say what I could not write, now I write what I could have painted...all the while thanking God for gifting me...

But what's relevant for this post, is to tell you why I need to be pinched the most...and that has to do with the amazing three blessings I experienced in the last 24 hours, so I'll recount...

1. I discovered that my opinion matters to those I'm not married or otherwise related to. Thinking how this came about, I believe it's because they know I care about them and their work. And that's a very personal and subjective thing indeed. If I were to rate how this impacted me, I'd give it five smiles on my smile-o-meter and five smiles is the top...so you see, discovering that what I said was validated made this once upon a time non-reader feel that others know I care about them and their work. And as a Christian and an artist, since writing is an art, I must admit this felt grand because there are those who've told me stuff based upon their sniff-o-meter I didn’t care, and I'm sure if I  tried what they did on me, others would know it to. 

2. While I was busy reading a book to review, my book sales were multiplying and for a nanosecond or three yesterday one and then another of my books were in the top 100 in sales on Amazon. For one so dyslecticly challenged that at times I write my sentences backwards this amazing affirmation by people I don't know tells me that my books are worth the price...and beginning where I did that's a lot more than nice!

And thirdly, as in number 3. Author, C.J. Peterson chose me to guest for a full month! Not just any month, but the month where most are shopping for their gifts cause Christmas is around the corner, the month that's the prelude to Messiahs birth. 

Yes! "Life could not better be," because God called me to do the one thing I knew I couldn't do and when I said, 'Yes' he started blessing me not because I'm great but because I knew that with him at the helm there's nothing I could not do!

                            Paula Rose Michelson’s books are at: http://amzn.to/1ssbBWa

No comments:

Post a Comment