Monday, March 16, 2015

Choose: Walk by Faith in God's Blessings or Live in Fear

It seems that all of my life, I've been looking for a blessing. Being Jewish, I'd like to assume that this is a unique trait...one that only a member of the twelve tribes can claim! However, thinking like that can get one into an awful state when it finally becomes crystal clear that the blessing is in the doing, not the waiting. I've had to remind myself of that reality of late. For having been given the blessing of being ill for months, while I thought about and finally did write a book I’d not wanted to but realized the Lord did, I find myself amazed that this same woman who adamantly did life her own way finds herself going and doing what before she probably wouldn’t have. Joyfully I’ve heard myself exclaim, “Life’s more than I thought it to be!”

Then again having several online author friends tell me that my soon to release novella titled THE TIME BETWEEN isn’t Christian, I once again am very aware of this pull between Christianizing everything and the fact that Yeshua (Jesus) didn’t tell those who know about Him and here, I'm quoting Mark 16:15, where Messiah, “…said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”

Furthermore, Rabbi Shaul (the Apostle Paul) wrote in Romans 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

This living by the Spirit sounds good, and witnessing as Christ told (not asked) us to do would be undoable for me, if I do not let others, no matter how well intended they are put the same yoke on me that they ware. I do not know if this is done out of the need to conform to another's social norm or out of concern. And I'm blessed that God isn't asking me to find out.

I do know that having been a judge for the most sought after fiction award in Christian fiction that the bite is missing. What bite you might wonder. Therefore, I will explain my thoughts, which I believe mirror our LORDS for as He hung on the cross he proclaimed Himself the Messiah by quoting Psalm 22 written by David more than 400 years before. In reading verses 1 and 2, which says, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest,” I have my answer! 

Since Messiah did not take the easy path nether can we. The path we must choose is like ‘The Eye of the Needle’ which really exists in Israel. Not one of us can pass through unless we leave all we have - everything we own or laid up behind us save what we are wearing, so it is with trying to protect ourselves when called upon to serve the LORD.  

Perhaps being altruistic will work for some. Others may look forward expectantly. I believe the answer is found in 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we live by faith, not by sight. Applying my faith in the infallibility of God’s Word, I trust in the One who is my all in all.

Walking as a bondservant of Messiah is a choice. All are called. Some answer that call. It is from those who follow that God continues to ask if any will serve Him today. In Joshua 24:15 we read, “...but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord!

Today it might be a good idea for you to ask yourself:

What do I value?

Does my life reflect my values?

Remember, what we think and do reflects who we are and who's we are.

Until we meet again may Messiahs Shalom envelop you my friend.
Info on Paula Rose Michelson & her Books at: http://amzn.to/1z8ydzA

No comments:

Post a Comment